i can’t think of anything to blog about. does anyone out there have any particular requests? you know i do take requests, in case you were wondering.
i forgot to mention that i am back in voice therapy and i really love my new voice therapist. she doesn’t seem to have a great deal of expertise or experience working with people with paralyzed vocal cords, but she’s really making an effort to help me and it’s so refreshing because she really appreciates that i am giving her new challenges and new skills and experiences. so we kind of feed off each other.
Here are the exercises she has given me for this week. I hope you will join me in doing them.
- stretch neck and shoulders. establish good posture
- on a deep breath, exhale MOLM MOLM MOLM MOLM MOLM as a sigh.
- (this one is the hardest) Chant the following phrases on the same pitch:
a. Mary made me mad.
b. My mother made marmalade.
c. Mary made my mom merry (or marry).
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, and exhale on AH. Focus on big breath and get “above the glottal fry.”
- Complete pitch glides up and down on “ah” and then on “oo”
FOCUS ON FORWARD FOCUS WITH GOOD BREATH SUPPORT
VIBRATE THROUGH YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE